Students at Wangala Primary School learn mathematics every day through rich and engaging contexts. Our teaching and learning includes a range of opportunities for students to learn and become inquisitive mathematical learners, including;
– Setting personalised learning goals based on what students already know and towards their ‘next steps’ in learning
– Learning in a variety of settings, such as mixed ability or like ability grouping, individualised, or whole class
– Learning through rich, differentiated tasks, such as problem-based and open-ended activities
– Working with manipulatives and digital technologies to represent concepts and understandings
– Fun, meaningful maths games to build practice and fluency
Our ‘Hands on Learning’ program for senior students is a unique opportunity for our students to apply mathematics understandings in real life situations from planning budgets for projects and catering, to the numerous applications of measurement.